Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sunday Funday

I love Sundays! It seems to be the one day of the week I really get to do what I want to do! Don't get me wrong, Saturdays are pretty great too, but usually they are spent A) coaching or doing something for school B) cleaning C) running errands/doing everything I've neglected all week... by Sunday all that silly stuff is taken care of! It has also become my day for DIY.

Today, I was able to finally come up with a use for the silly metal shelf that was once in my Great Grandma Vera's home. I can picture exactly where is was - by the piano, holding piano music and hymnals. I have no idea what the original purpose of this shelf was due to its "V" shaped shelves on top and bottom, but I pictured it becoming a perfect addition to my bathroom.


It needed a little TLC - nothing a bucket of soapy water and a quick spray of paint couldn't fix!

I had randomly bought this fabric a few months back. The colors were perfect for the aqua bathroom we currently have. I had thought about adding it to the shower curtain, but that didn't really excite me. Eventually I came up with a plan.

I sewed two rectangle panels of the fabric to weave in between the metal slots. This makes them seems a little more useable and adds to the shelves "cutness" factor. I then used velcro to secure the fabric in place.

I can't say that make-up and other bathroom supplies are that pretty, but the new shelf adds some style, and functionality, to our bathroom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment