Time seems to be speeding up. I've heard this happens as you get older, but I didn't think I was getting
that old. I cannot convince myself that it has been two years since Noah and I made our 24 hour drive from Arizona to Illinois.
The fall I was student teaching and set to graduate from Iowa State, my sister and her family were living in AZ. Tim got offered a position at Iowa State, which made for a sticky situation. They had just purchased a home in Mesa, and Molly really needed to finish the year teaching middle school. So, in an attempt to keep Molly sane (hehe) I moved to Arizona after I graduated. Neither of us really ever thought that we would live together as adults, but things happen for a reason. Although there were some stressful moments, it was great to be with her and the girls and help out in a very trying time. Everything eventually worked out - they sold their house, we both got jobs - and we all made the move back to the Midwest. Molly and her family bought a home in Ankeny, IA while I joined Noah in Rockford, IL.
Here's a few memories from those months in the desert and the long trip home...
 |
| Cece Kate (1 year) |
 |
| Cheering on the Diamondbacks |
 |
| I do miss the sunny weather...Ellie Jo and I |
|
|
|
|
 |
| Picnic Time |
 |
| Beginning the drive |
 |
| In the Mountains |
 |
| We picked up Bella on the way to Illinois |
No comments:
Post a Comment