Tuesday, May 3, 2011

"It is what it is"

I found out this week that I do not handle disappointment well. I have always been one to "control my own destiny". Right now I feel as though that control was ripped from my hands.

I'm also not a fan of the phrase "It is what it is", but it fits our current situation exactly.

Times like these, I really have to dig deep. I have to be thankful for what I have. Which is a lot. A TON, really. More than most.

I have a life with a wonderful man, loving family and friends, and have never spent a day truly in need. We have our health, a home, and plenty else to be thankful for. We will be fine.

I'll have to learn to deal with disappointment. It will make the joyous moments all that much sweeter.


No comments:

Post a Comment