Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summer: Week One

The first week of summer has not exactly been relaxing, but it sure has been FUN. Last Wednesday, I had my last day of school in Winnebago. I spent the afternoon and evening golfing (who thought 18 holes was a good idea?!?) and grilling with some of the friends I have made in my time there. They are wonderful people who I am very sad to leave. We had a blast and vowed to re-enact the day throughout the summer.

This weekend I ran the Dam to Dam 20K in Des Moines with Molly and Becca, Josh, Jill, Tina, and her friend Jamie. Although I really hadn't had as much training this spring due to softball and asthma :( I still was able to finish under 2 hours with a time of 1 hr and 51 minutes. Miles 9-12 DID NOT go well, and I'm a little disappointed, but still proud of the accomplishment. I vow to run it again and feel better doing so :)


Saturday night the Cronbaugh Clan camped out at Saylorville Lake and celebrated Ellies 7th, repeat 7th, birthday! We had some delicious food and stayed up doing what we do best. Have I mentioned that I love summer? 

I did have the chance to talk to Ellie and Cecilia about Noah and I moving to Ankeny. Ellie understands and is excited, but I'm not sure if Cece quite gets it. I asked her if it would be cool is she could come over to my house whenever she wanted. Her response, "But we have a swingset!" Why would she want to go anywhere else!! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment