Friday, June 24, 2011

Evolution of a Headboard...

This week I have been a busy bee! I gave you a wonderful list of DIY projects to tackle last post, but looking back I shouldn't have numbered them. My first project came the bottom. But I do have good reason... I decided that I should tackle any furniture projects I have prior to moving so then they will effortlessly move from here to our new place :) I started with our guest room headboard.

First of all, I'm really bad at remembering to take before and in-process pictures. But I tracked this photo down from a few years back when we were stuck in a tiny little one bedroom apartment.

Follow the orange arrow, and you'll catch a slight glimpse of before...

I wasn't a huge fan of this headboard, mostly the color of the wood tone. It looked like any other piece of furniture you would buy at a second hand furniture place (which we did). So I decided to give it a nice coat of paint to bring it some life.

Primed and ready to go! 
Anyone that uses spray paint often MUST invest in one of these triggers! Sooo nice :)
Here's the finished project! I promise it will look wonderful when it is not next to the exact same color wall!

Lots more to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment