Thursday, April 25, 2013

A few more projects...

I have fallen waaaay behind on our project updates!! And there are more in the works, so I thought I better get going! I teased you all with the imminent redo of this diamond in the rough...




This was found on Craigslist by my lovely in-laws. They spoil me :) My wedding china had been stored in a too small cabinet from Ikea for the past few years. It had served its purpose well, but we had been on the look-out for something more substantial, yet not too nice that I would feel bad taking my paint brush to it. Well this was the perfect mix!




A little elbow grease and a few coats of paint later and she was glowing! I found the quart of yellow paint in the mess-up bin at Home Depot for $2 and knew it was meant to be! Painting the inside added just enough fun!




I also bought some fun knobs at Hobby Lobby. Have you ever looked at the knobs there?!? Sooo many! We thought these tied everything together just right :) Yes, WE! Noah and Gabe were very helpful at the store. Ha!




We moved the Ikea cabinet up to our bedroom and I FINALLY UNPACKED THE LAST BOX! It had been sitting in the corner of the room for nearly a year, but now everything has its place! (Let's all ignore the fact that there is a random box of crap in the basement and take the moment to bask in the glory of this accomplishment...HA!)




The sign to the right will someday go above our bed. It was at our wedding reception. {sigh} That was a good day.


You may have noticed the change of wall color in our living room... We loved the gray in our master bath so much we decided to use it downstairs and are LOVING how it turned out!








Grandma was on Baby patrol...




I also made this simple little sign to add some 'S'punk to our room. hehe.




And this shelf to display some of our lovely photos.




Things are coming together! I am one happy girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment