Monday, September 3, 2012

Made With Love

We are entering week 37! I can't believe that in a few short weeks we will meet our little man! I am so excited, and so ready to see his little fingers and toes and kiss his cheeks! There have been a few mild "What are we going to do with a BABY?!?" moments, but for the most part, the last few weeks have been full of excitement! We have finished the nursery, which makes me even more excited every time I walk by his room upstairs :) I know he won't appreciate it for a LONG time (if ever) but I have loved decorating and making the space perfect for his arrival. Most of the items were handmade or repurposed for the space, which makes it's even more special! And now its time for your sneak peek! Enjoy!


I never intended to have a theme for the room, but it ended up being the perfect "adventure-seeking, bicycle-riding, dinosaur loving" space for our baby boy! 


Most of the stuff you see was bought at a) garage sales b) flea markets, or c) given to us by family members. It's amazing what you can do with deals and a little tlc. 


Let's just say that our son better love these pipe shelves because they are never coming down! That was a bit of a project...Thanks Noah :) 


I printed these maps off at Staples and attached them to clearance bin canvases from Michaels. I absolutely love how they turned out! 


I know, I know, there shouldn't be any pillows in his crib. I will take them out when he sleeps there :) I used my Cameo to cut out the letters for DISCOVER and EXPLORE and sewed them onto flannel to make some fun pillowcases. 


These two lil guys were one of the first things I bought for baby.  I saw them at  PB Kids and loved them, but they were way too expensive. Then one day when I was in Des Moines bugging Noah, I stopped in and found they were on sale. Plus I got an extra deal because I was willing to take the floor models. So they ended up being about 75% off :) 


A little Cardinal and Gold for the room.


This one's for Molly:  Fun Bunting :)






Eventually we will fill the picture frames, but they will have his name and some pictures that have yet to be taken :) 


And one of my favorite additions to the space...his quilt. For a while after starting this project, I thought I was insane, but it ended up going together quite well. Just don't look too close - I am definitely not a master quilter! 

We hope you enjoyed the tour of our lil man's space. Now we just wait patiently...

1 comment: