Well...
Here we are: Week 38.
Our lil' man will be here soon.
Our lives will never be the same.
And we can't be more excited!
I thought I would take some time and really reflect back on the last nine months. There were moments when time seemed to fly... yet other moments that. seemed. to. take. forever.
Yet overall, I have been blessed with a wonderful pregnancy :)
The first few months were a little tough. I had never experienced exhaustion quite that intense. It was different than being tired... It was a full body "want to lie face down on the floor" feeling. That, along with the nausea, made for some long days in February. But, luckily those feelings did pass, and I was able to enjoy the majority of the Spring and Summer!
As far as a the belly bump goes, I have loved it. I really didn't show much until I approached May, making it quite easy to keep from my students at school. But, as soon as Baby wanted to be known, he bumped himself way out there!
We were able to get a peek at our little man in early May. Noah and I both wanted to know the sex, so there really was no discussion as far as that decision. Maybe there will be more of a discussion if we were to have more children, but I doubt it. We loved having that moment together. It didn't matter to us either way, but made us feel a little closer to our child knowing who HE was.
Ok, now to some of the nitty gritty:
Cravings... To be honest, I haven't had anything that has been overly intense, unless ice counts. I do love ice. I have enjoyed some Arby's curly fries and cheddar sauce on occasion, and my fair share of frozen fudge bars, but pregnancy is really just a good excuse ;)
Which leads me to weight... Hmmm, there probably is a little extra there. But I'm ok with that :) Overall, I feel pretty good and have felt very healthy! My gain has been very consistant over the weeks and has kept baby right on track for his growth as well. I have been very lucky not to experience much swelling (fingers crossed) and am still wearing my wedding ring!
Sleep has not been fun. I'm not a good sleeper normally, so pregnancy has just intensified the problem. Luckily, Noah is a fairly deep sleeper so my 5, 6, or 9 trips to the bathroom/downstairs/other bed/couch during the night doesn't usually disturb him. However, it does sometimes get the kitties all excited, which may result in cuddle attacks in the middle of the night in which I take no responsibility.
Heat... We did pick one of the hottest summers on record to be pregnant!! I spent many of the days either a) in the air conditioning, or b) at the pool, which made the days tolerable. However, going in and out of the heat did take its toll on me and I would find myself quickly exhausted. Going back to school and my non air-conditioned room has been tough, but we have had quite a few early outs allowing me to escape the heat. I've tried to take it easy and drink lots and lots and lots of water!
We are ready for baby. His room is complete. We have his bassinet set up in our room. His stroller and carseat are ready to go. His baby bag is packed.
I am ready for baby. I have felt him grow. I have felt him kick and flip and somersault and hiccup almost constantly for the last few months. I have imagined his little fingers and toes, and who he might look like. I'm ready to hold him and tell him how excited we have been for him!
We are ready for baby. But, we can wait until he's ready!
Have you enjoyed the photos? A few weeks ago Erin and Tyler (Noah's cousin) made the trip to Ankeny to snap a few maternity pictures for us. They did an AMAZING job! I couldn't be more happy with how they captured my pregnancy. We are truly blessed with wonderful and talented family!!






No comments:
Post a Comment