Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Pregnant Ramblings

Welcome to week 24! I am loving summer break, and it seems that Baby is as well. I have noticed quite the growth spurt in my mid-section :) Our last appointment went very well. The nurse commented that my blood pressure was quite low saying I must be relaxed...I simply stated that school was out.. It explained it all :)

I thought I would spend some time recording some of my favorite, and not so favorite, aspects of pregnancy so far...

1. Belly Dancing. I have not taken up an new hobby (scary image), but my belly has definitely been dancing lately. I absolutely LOVE the feeling of Baby moving and grooving! Lately, he has gotten a little stronger and my belly has started to "jump" especially when I lay down at night. I'm sure that as he grows and space gets a little more confined, some of these movements may not be as enjoyable, but for now I love the constant reminder he's in there :)

2.Belly Bump. I'll be honest. I really like my belly bump. I like to show it off :) It's just fun to look down knowing that our little man is growing right there! I had a few melt downs regarding clothing early on, but since I have been out of school, I have made tank-tops and shorts my official uniform. Life is good!

3. Big Bird. No, not the big yellow one. Me. I am the big NESTING bird. We have lived in our house for over a month now, and I am past my fill of tolerance for boxes. I want things put away in there place NOW! I have a new hate of clutter, and dirt, and unfolded clothes laying on the floor in our closet. I also have a new love of lists...It could be a long few months!

4. Sweet Dreams.  Between the frequent trips to the bathroom, the lack of comfortable positions, and the recent dreams I have had, sleep is anything but sweet. I had read earlier that during pregnancy you can have some very strange dreams, but it really hadn't happened until recently. Now some are so crazy I wake up seriously confused, or laughing, or in some cases they are so real that it takes me a few minutes to realize that my husband does not in fact need to be beat with a brick... These pregnancy hormones are CRAZY!

5. "Bull in a China Shop" Yep. That is the most accurate description I can come up with. Our glassware has taken quite the hit in the last few months. I have broken multiple glasses, a coffee mug, a measuring cup, and a picture frame. I am just trying my best to stay away from mirrors....


23 Weeks

24 Weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment