I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about how Gabe would react when Max was born.
I was super worried.
I didn't have a clue how he would respond. I didn't know if he would understand at all.
If he would be sad...or mad...or naughty. I really had no idea.
And it was coming at an already rocky time. I had just went back to work, and he was about to start Preschool.
It was A LOT of change for my routine little man.
But in the past 7 months, I have watched the love between these two grow, and it has been amazing!
With Gabe, we really never pushed the issue. For the first few weeks, he kinda sorta ignored Max. He kept his distance. We didn't make him interact.
He knew Max was there of course. And he knew Mama was busy at times, but for the most part he continued to do his own thing.
As Max has grown and gotten a bit more independent, Gabe's desire to interact with him has grown.
At first it was some shared snuggles...
And a little playing here and there.
But now its all out LOVE.
Gabe loves his little brother. He wants to play with him, lay with him, bath with him, eat with him.
And I'm pretty sure Gabe is Max's favorite person. Except when he's hungry... I still win then :)
I'm so happy these two have each other!
I pray they will be best buds for life!

















No comments:
Post a Comment