As August winds down and September approaches, we are putting the final touches on the last two major projects around our house - The Boys Rooms.
Kinda crazy that we will actually have two of these crazies running around our house soon. Well, one won't run for a while, but you get what I'm sayin...
With the arrival of Little #2 pending, we decided to move Gabe to a BIG BOY Room this summer. The transition has had its ups and downs, but overall it's been a good move for Goober.
And here it is! Gabe's New Room:


I'll be honest, Gabe really didn't have a whole lot of say in the space. Ha! But I incorporated his love of trains and planes, well really anything with wheels, and I think he likes it just fine :)
I reused some of the decor from his baby room, as well as other items we already had around the house. Then added a few new pieces of art to make it a little more Big Boy friendly!

This locker cabinet was a huge score at a garage sale a few years back. It had been sitting in the basement just waiting for the right space. I made the wood top mainly because the metal corners were a bit sharp, but it also helped blend it with some of the other decor.
His Railroad map is one of my favorite items in our whole house. I found this at the flea market a few years ago, and built a wood frame out of simple lumber. It's huge, awesome, and I love it!!


These were just empty frames that I had sitting around, because lets me honest, I have a lot of empty frames just sitting around...
I still have a vision of a long shelf toward the top of his wall to house his wood train and other "stuff" that he has accumulated in his 3 years of life, but that can wait.

For now we are super happy with the new space!!



No comments:
Post a Comment