Thursday, April 23, 2015

Big Brother Room.


With the coming of Little #2, we have been thinking a lot about the changes to our current bedroom set up. For some reason I feel that moving Gabers into a "Big Boy" room is something that we must tackle this summer. Why? I'm not really sure. Maybe I just have attachment to his baby room and want to keep it babyish? I don't know. What I do know is that I am making more work for myself by moving him, but am having a ton of fun thinking through the new space. Is this a type of nesting? At 19 weeks?!? If so, this could be a looong summer ;)

So here's my thoughts for Big Boy Gabe Donald's Room. 

He currently has an "adventure" theme if you will, so we are planning to stick with that and keep his current colors - just make them a little less baby. 

I'm thinking a grey on the walls with maybe a pop of blue and orange somewhere? 

Modern Interior Design, 9 Decor and Paint Color Schemes that Include Gray ColorA post on using Design Seed palettes to guide your fabric selection, awesome idea  http://design-seeds.com/

I really like this design on the walls, but not sure I have the patience or personality to handle that... 

Yellow & Gray Nursery Arrow Wall Complete

Anyways, as we move Gabers to his new room the thought is to move him from a crib to a bed. This idea does make me a little anxious. He sleeps soooo well in his crib, but he will be 3 by the time Little comes along... So I suppose...

I do want to make him a new quilt for this new big bed of his. I'm thinking a denim quilt like this guy. Nothing fancy, but something that he can use forever :) 

 

Last year at the Whatcheer Flea Market I picked up this beauty of a map, so it will make an appearance in the new space. I want to find some "reclaimed" boards to create a frame for it and then it will be good to go!


And these guys caught my eye on pinterest. 





Last weekend Mom and I ran over to the Ladora Flea Market for a bit. It just so turns out that one of the guys at her work is into creating metal cut-out art . Not sure if that's the best way to explain it. But, anyways, I have been looking for a fun design to have him create. Here's a few thoughts...

Image result for Metal "G" wall art
 

Papa was given these shelves as a challenge this past weekend ;) Pretty sure he has some pallets laying around...


Speaking of Papa, he already has had his hand in the making of Gabers new space. A few weeks ago he came up to our house and helped us replace the closet door in the new room. I'm sure there is a good reason, but it's lost on me, as to why the door was installed to swing into the closet. It basically made half the closet unusable space. Well we fixed that :) A little wood filler and paint and it will be better than new! 

Displaying IMG_4488.JPG


Now to actually put any of this plan into action. ha! Could be a busy few months :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment