Wednesday, October 9, 2013

What a week!!

We have had a lot of excitment the last few weeks! And not all has been the good type of excitement...
 
Thankfully, everything has worked out! Life has seemed to return to normal (minus my constant stomach ache) But I thought I'd catch you up on our adventures.
 
First of all, we made a life altering purchase...We are now mini-van parents! AHH!
 
Ol' Bu, our little Malibu started giving us fits earlier this summer. We tried to baby her along, but she started to have some steering issues. And that was the last straw. I couldn't handle the stress of a non-reliable vehicle, so we decided it was time. The jump to the good ol mini-van made the most sense, even if it was a little scary. And I LOVE IT! I also love my father very much for his negotiating skills! He rocks!
 
Isn't she purdy?!?
 
 
 
Once we got our vehicle home, I jokingly said to Noah that I couldn't handle anymore stress. There has seemed to be lots of little things lately, obviously the vehicle issues were the largest.
 
But Odin had other plans. Last Monday, while Noah and I were working to try and save our crappy grass, Odin escaped. It was quite a while later before we realized he was missing. And we were heart-broken! We spent the night looking around the neighborhood for our big, dumb, fluffball.
 
The next day, Gabe and I put up "Missing Cat" signs, and visited the animal shelter. And waited.
 
And we waited the next day too.
 
I didn't want to utter my thoughts aloud, but my hope for our big, clawless dummy surviving multiple nights out on his own was slim. And it was suppose to storm. Poor Odie.
 
Thursday morning, it started to thunder early in the morning. I got up and thought I would call for Odin one more time before the rain. I went outside, and there he was! THE CAT CAME BACK!
 
 
I think he's happy to be home! 
 
Needless to say, we needed some stress relief. Noah had to work this weekend, so Gabe and I headed to Nana and Papa's for the weekend!
 
And it was a GREAT weekend!
 
Lots of Fall Favorites!!
 


On Saturday, we loaded up the mini-vans and headed to the What Cheer Flea Market. I love this flea market. Lots of junk, with some treasures to be found :)
 

Luckily we made that mini-van purchase earlier in the week ;) Stow-n-Go ROCKS!


By the time we got back to the farm, it had turned into a beautiful fall day! So we gathered some pumpkins and apples, and enjoyed the time outside!








Have I ever told you that Fall is my favorite? Well, it is! And now you know!










When we got back, Daddy took us out to eat in Des Moines. We enjoyed the sunshine with a little Zombie Burger outside.


 
Such a great weekend! Just what we needed!
 
Happy Fall Ya'll!


No comments:

Post a Comment